We carry a range of grass seeds specific to your application. See in store for the different varieties available.
Seeding New Lawns:
1. Prepare lawn by breaking up/working in soil about 4” – 6” Soil can be improved by adding Triple Mix
2. Rake to remove stones and other debris
3. Apply lawn seed with spreader or by hand
4. Divide the seed into 2 equal amounts and apply half in one direction, and half in the other direction
5. Rake soil, ensuring good soil to seed contact
6. Do not compact the soil too heavily or bury the seeds too deeply – the ideal planting depth is about 1”
Seeding Existing Lawns:
1. Mow the lawn to a short height
2. Remove debris and thatch
3. Loosen ground in the bare spots and apply topsoil to thin areas if required
4. Spread seen in the same manner (as mentioned above)
5. Lightly rake the seed into the loose ground
6. Water regularly.
Other Super Seeding Facts
– It is recommended to seed/re-seed in the late Spring, late Summer or all throughout the Fall. The Fall is the best time to re-seed because it will strengthen the lawn for good winter survival. Water your lawn. The soil should be moist until the lawn is established but try to avoid over watering when seed has just been planted. If the lawn becomes over watered, the emerging seedlings may become diseased and rot off or the seed may be washed away.