Contractor Sales Associate
Reports to: Director of Business Development
The primary responsibility of the Contractor Sales Associate is to provide assistance and support to the Contractor Sales department and by providing customers with the appropriate information and assistance to complete their product purchase/landscape plan. The Contractor Sales Associate is responsible for the administrative services related to the Contractor Sales department.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service to help build customer loyalty;
- Answer customer questions and provide information on products and policies;
- Assist customers with their landscape questions and quotations;
Assist with follow up on customer inquiries;
Ensure products are ordered and set aside for customers;
- Aid customers in locating merchandise in sales office and in display yard;
Assist with large orders by responding to customer requests and phone calls;
Assist in writing and distributing e-mails, correspondence memos, letters, faxes and any other forms as required;
- Maintain awareness of all promotions and advertisements;
- Adhere to all health and safety procedures;
- Consistently exhibit behaviour reflective of Arnts The Landscape Supplier Inc. professional image;
QUALIFICATIONS / KEY SKILL REQUIREMENTS
A minimum of one year experience in a retail environment.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service;
Demonstrate leadership abilities;
In depth and up-to-date knowledge of products and services;
Be detail oriented
Be a fast learner and have the ability to perform multiple tasks at once;
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing;
- Excellent math, problem solving and organizational skills;
- Be cheerful and come to work every day with a positive attitude;
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment;
- Be computer proficient; experience using Excel an asset;
Strong team player yet still able to work independently with minimal supervision;
Commitment to the Arnts The Landscape Supplier Inc. mission statement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Sedentary – sitting or standing for long periods most of the time, but may involve walking for brief periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in an office.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time while working in the display yard or sales office.
Move and handle boxes of merchandise and products throughout the sales office; which entails light lifting.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.